This release adds reason strings for compiler-generated reverts if you specify
revert-strings debug or use the setting
settings.debug.revertStrings = "debug". Furthermore, contract types and enums are now allowed as keys for mappings and the doxygen-style comments are better supported by the AST.
- Allow contract types and enums as keys for mappings.
- Allow function selectors to be used as compile-time constants.
- AST: Add a new node for doxygen-style, structured documentation that can be received by contract, function, event and modifier definitions.
- Code Generator: Use
codecopyto zero out memory past input.
- Debug: Provide reason strings for compiler-generated internal reverts when using the
revert-stringsoption or the
- Structured Documentation: Report source locations for structured documentation errors.
- Yul Optimizer: Prune functions that call each other but are otherwise unreferenced.
- Assembly Output: Added missing
sourcefield to legacy assembly json output to complete the source reference.
- Parser: Fix an internal error for
- Type Checker: Make invalid calls to uncallable types fatal errors instead of regular.
A big thank you to all contributors who helped make this release possible!
Download the new version of Solidity here.